Translate

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I am terrible at this "every day posting" thing! Anyways, today I rearranged my room so that it looks gorgeous. I'll put a picture of it up so everyone can see. While I was scrubbing the floors (because I cleaned extensively too) and furniture I felt really good. When the final product was done, I couldn't be more happy. To get this final product I rearranged my room approximately two times over the course of two days. I can't visualize something very well before I do it so I had to just move the furniture around until it felt right. Eventually, that is exactly what happened.I got it right. It looks better than any other room in the house, and to top it all off it is 100% me. This little story may not seem like much but it meant a lot more to me than I thought it would. It also helped that the entire time I was listening to touching and contemplative music. I feel at home and the entire room reminds me of my future home in New York City;)

Lessons learned
- Cleaning can do wonders for the spirit and how you feel on a daily basis
- Sometimes when you feel low you need to make SOME kind of change on an everyday level
- Let who you are and your creativity shine through
- I love soft things and textures haha
- Stay excited about the future or you really don't have a reason to keep going forward
AND FINALLY
In the words of a Medea video I saw recently "Only two places you gonna ever find peace in this life is the grave and your house" Make sure your house is one of those places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOxPlEb23CE



No comments:

Post a Comment